Monday, March 28, 2022

Day 1: Leaving Bonnie

 Richard has been wanting to see each of the boys and families for some time.  I had told him to take a few weeks in April but he would have to go by himself as Jaime is still in school.  Hopefully the mornings would be light enough for me to drive her.  If not, I think wed be able to arrange something. 

When he learned that Jaime would have a week off for spring break in addition to the weekends that surround it, he decided that we could both accompany him

We were unable to find a dog sitter for Bonnie; those who were willing to take her already had dogs and after having my thumb and fingers mutilated due to her pulling away from her leash, I wasnt willing to drop her off to anyone who seemed even remotely fragile for I didnt wish for her aggressiveness to become their problem.  We ended up taking her to a kennel in Winston. 

We had to go north to the kennel but had to return south to go to the high school for Jais parent teacher conference though I think we would have been okay not going as she excels.  We spent more time with her first instructor than the other four put together.  Her teacher made the comment that she couldnt always post upcoming assignments right away because of Jai who will finish them ASAP sometimes without the proper instruction.

 Our 240 trip started after that.   We hit several patches of fog.  I laughed when we passed the sign that said "Sunny Valley" because it wasn't even close to being sunny.

We went by way of Winnemucca instead of Boise.  While riding through the Fremont-Winema National Forest we  saw Lake of the Woods. We stopped in several cities along the way - usually to gas up or eat.  But there were also the many bathroom stops because I always drink more than my bladder can seem to hold.

We arrived in Salt Lake before midnight.  I had not made reservations for lodging as I didnt know where we would be when Richard became tired.  He insisted on a hotel and not a motel.  I just wanted to sleep and did not have a preference.  Places were booked and we were turned away.  Finally we found lodging in Layton.  I remember looking at the clock before I fell asleep.  It said 4:30 a.m.  What????  And why did we get up early the next morning?

All of our boys used to be early risers.  But two now work graveyard and take advantage of sleeping in.  It was almost like pulling teeth to get them to meet us at the I-HOP the following morning.  And they got more sleep!  But they did both show with their families.  It was good to see all of them. 

After we dropped Jaime off at the church this morning we went to the library. I returned all the audio books we had checked out.  We arrived at the kennel before it opened and decided to get breakfast.  Bonnie was very hyper when we picked her up.  Jai has missed her and will be excited about her return.

No comments:

Post a Comment