Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Two Years

        Yesterday, while checking out my facebook memories, I was reminded that one of my nephews had been scheduled for baptism two years ago.  I thought it was strange that it would be two weeks into the month instead of at the beginning but for whatever reason it was changed.  Garys baptism had been moved to the 7th and my oldest granddaughter were both baptized at the same time but in different wards.  I posted that it must have been changed due to revelation as that was the last baptism to be held for quite a while in 2020 due to the pandemic.

        My sister left a comment about the craziness of it all and I asked if she had read our brothers post about his mention of a cat they call Milagro and about his late mother-in-law who had gone into the hospital with COVID.  Yesterday he posted many of the details about the next six to eight weeks the devastation felt, the passing, the funeral.  He mentioned the memories both positive and negative and used the real names of his husbands family. 

        2021 went by rather quickly at least I thought it did.  But 2020 was soooo looongg as each month felt like a year.  Each month introduced a new set of problems.  Steven left facebook for a while.  He and his spouse went to Australia before the voting results.  I told him that he should just stay in Australia.  But they returned before Christmas before a new wave of COVID invaded Australia.  Trump was still in office never having been much of a president.

        COVID might be over, but we still have a new set of problems.  A possible World War III thank you so much for that Vladimir Adolf Putin.  I thought it would be Trump that would have sent us in that same direction that you have chosen to go.  Did you guys learn nothing about history?  Why hurt the citizens not just in Ukraine but your own country as well.  At least COVID was something that we were all fighting together.

No comments:

Post a Comment