Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Happy Valentine’s Day

                I will be surprised if school is not cancelled today.  I got up at 4:30 this morning and went into another room as I was hot in the bedroom.  When I looked out the window in the backroom I noticed the snow that we had heard about yesterday. Too many people on the west side of Oregon do not know how to drive in snow.  They haven’t had to deal with it nor is the state equipped to make the roads safe as they are in Utah for instance.


        My granddaughter and her mother worked on Valentines yesterday.  The craft fairy looks like she blew up on my coffee table.  Her box isn’t finished.  It’s a dog that still needs its tail.  She will be devastated when she hears the news that school is cancelled.  Everything in life that happens is for or against her.  She doesn’t realize that there are other people who may feel the same way. 

            Valentines happens to be a holiday that I have never cared for.  The only reason that I ever received as many valentines as I did was because it was mandatory in school.  I remember delivering Valentines from door to door.  I guess I didn’t mind it.  But as the years evolved so did my attitude about Valentine’s Day.  For me, the holiday sucked big time.  With each passing year I have loathed Valentines Day more than the year prior so that when I was finally married and had someone I still couldn’t bring myself to love the sappy, gag-me-with-a-spoon, gross holiday.  Nothing against Richard.  It is just how I had conditioned myself all of this time.

            We did go out for lunch yesterday.  Richard said it was count as our valentine celebration.  Good thing.  My attitude and being stuck in the house with the other family members is not how I would like to celebrate.  What unChrist like love on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment