Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Wonder if the Garbage Trucks Will Come

         Monday was Presidents day.  Jaime had school but the district was off in this area. No school this week – well – perhaps some followed the curriculum but there was panic at some of the high schools yesterday. I left the house at nine to drive downtown to meet Carolyn.  As I was getting ready to turn right I saw three police cars barreling down the road – glad I was turning right and not left.  Something was going down.  Turned out there had been a number of 911 calls to report the threat of a shooter at one of the high schools (South Umpqua, Roseburg, and Sutherlin were the only three mentioned in the news this morning) which turned out to be a hoax (thank goodness). 

I understand that several high schoolers left when lock down was over.  I don’t know if they had permission or if the schools sent students home.  I don’t know how or if the secondary or elementary schools had been effected either way.  Ally had stayed home with a cold and is sick today – not that it would matter.  The schools had been shut down on Valentine’s Day due to the weather and I suspect the same for today. 

Richard said he heard the garbage trucks have come around already.  I don’t think I heard them.  I thought I had heard them before I got up to throw up and noticed the time on the clock was way too early for the garbage trucks to be out.  


I don’t appreciate the flip flops that are taking place in my body at this time.  What brought this on?  I’m guessing something I ate, but what.  And why am I the only one effected?

I am not the only one sick.  Richard and Clair have each started in with the colds that had lingered well past Thanksgiving and Christmas.  But this illness for me is one I have not experienced for many moons.  I will probably be sleeping it off for most of the day if I can actually get myself situated without discomfort from the illness.  I’d rather not live my life in the bathroom today.  You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment