Thursday, March 9, 2023

Sunday Visits

                I have been listening to/watching next week’s “Don’t Miss This” and have been awed with the segment which compares Sabbath to Christmas and wrote down my notes to love Sabbath as much as the Christmas holiday (holi taken from holy) and replicate the reasons we gather.

          I remember going to visit my grandma every Sunday afternoon – or just about every Sunday afternoon.  Sometimes we would meet up as a family (her three children plus their children) and she would treat us all to some expensive eating place.  I have fond memories of those Sundays.  I really did look forward to visiting with family.   

getting ready to drive downtown to Grandma's house


with my cousins and Grandma and Aunt

one of the dinners 

          We haven’t established any Sunday traditions in Oregon – though Jai and I had started with watching a “Come Follow Me” You Tube video the minute we returned home.  Richard had always stayed behind doing clerical stuff though did join us on occasion.  I don’t know why we got out of the habit, but I found myself watching videos and prolonging the studies on my own. 

Jaime and I have always enjoyed taking walks – but not just Sundays.  Richard will walk around the block and call it good.  I need more.  Especially when there is so much nature to look at.  Sunday drives have also become a thing of the past – though I had tried when I was driving.  Sunday drives should be relaxing which became a thing of the past – at least in the Salt Lake area.  Don’t know if Richard will go for that one either – though Sunday driving would offer more relaxation in Douglas county than Salt Lake.

My Sunday rituals are very different from my family’s.  But so have the last few Christmases.  I suppose some traditions have to be altered in order to keep the reasons to look forward.  I would like to look forward to the Sabbath in a positive way each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment