Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Continuing On My Own

           Shortly after we had moved to Oregon I remember a Book of Mormon class having been offered on a Tuesday night of each week.  The missionaries would teach the class which seemed well attended. I became familiar with the class when I would go to the Relief Society activity meeting which was held once a month – also on a Tuesday. There were some sisters who chose to attend the Book of Mormon class rather than support the sisterhood of the Relief Society.  I remember being annoyed that they were on the same night usually at the same time.  

          It must have been in 2019 when the Book of Mormon class was changed to the Come Follow Me class.  In addition to Sunday school there were members of the ward who would meet once a week with the missionaries – but the time was changed to 4:00 on Wednesdays.  During nice weather we would meet outside.  It was a nice class in the beginning.  I don’t think we met at all during the Following Year as there was a pandemic.  I’m not sure when it started back up but I remember attending and missionaries teaching and then it stopped – the turn out hadn’t been as good a before the pandemic and the class was dropped before the Old Testament had finished. 

           This year the manual has changed up from what was offered in 2020 – though most of the pictures are the same.  Recently I ripped out a bunch of pictures from the 2020 manual and change them out each week as a reminder for what week we are on.  And really, they are too beautiful not to display.

 



          I had enjoyed attending the Come Follow Me classes – the fellowshipping and the assistance with understanding.  We are studying The Book of Mormon this year. I probably would still attend the class if it were offered.  Not always in Sunday School as primary is always short-handed.  So grateful for the videos and for those who share their knowledge and understanding.  Thanks to all who have assisted with the Come Follow Me program.

No comments:

Post a Comment