Friday, February 16, 2024

The Weather’s not the Same

           I remember so many cold winters when I was living in Utah.  Occasionally we would have surprises when no coat was required but for the most part we had to bundle up and trudge through snow.

          Our first winter in Oregon was so different.  It had snowed once but didn’t last. 

snow on the 10th of December 2015


It did not last

Jai's snowman kept shrinking


By February there were signs of spring.  I don’t remember having experienced blossoms and blooming growth so early in the year before.

Today I was reminded of this post I had created 8 years ago

“When I was living in Utah, it never occurred to me that one day I would believe that February would offer perfect weather for walking, riding bikes, hearing motorcycles and lawn mowers. I am really enjoying the outdoor temperature right now.

We’ve had one really nice day in February this year.  We had seen blossoms and growth.  But for the most part we’ve had cold rain and fog.  It has felt like Utah winter - except without snow. Weather is so weird.




No comments:

Post a Comment