Friday, April 26, 2024

How Well Do You Know Your Scriptures?

             When I was in seminary each student received a package of 40 scripture cards for at least three years. I managed to save 120 of the cards.  The red cards were part of a package I had received in my freshman year, green doctrine and covenants cards recived in my sophomore year and blue Book of Mormon cards in my junior year.  I don’t have old testament cards.  That doesn’t mean that they didn’t exist.  I really don’t remember one way or the other.

            Cards offered key words for reference and memorization.  I hadn’t memorized them all.  There are some I still remember.  Sometimes we were challenged to carry our scriptures to all of our classes.  Sometimes we were told the scripture cards would be sufficient.  Thus I started punching holes to carry on a large ring binder.  I don’t know how I was able to save them all of this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment