Thursday, April 4, 2024

dental pain

 

I have always had a low pain threshold.  I have also been a drama queen exaggerating the results of my pain thus I didn’t always get the sympathy that I sought.  On Tuesday I had three teeth extracted from my mouth.  I was certain I would have to have surgery with at least one – being lost in the gum line and have to be removed in pieces.  That is how it was for my mom.  But then again that was over 60 years ago.  Technology has made things so much easier since then.



            
All three teeth were removed within half an hour.  I thought I would be in the dentist chair for at least two hours – or close to it anyway.  I don’t hurt nearly as much as I had expected.  In fact, it only hurts on one side – mostly in the cheek area on my left side.  In time the pain will go away and I will be back to eating solid foods. But as of right now it’s been mashed potatoes, pudding and Jell-o.  Fortunately I’m not all too hungry. 

Chewing solely with my front teeth has been a weird experience for me. Yesterday I slept half the day away.  I hope I push myself to be more productive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment