Saturday, May 4, 2024

frustration

 

Ever since we moved to Oregon members of our ward have indicated that finding jobs comes easy to those in the Church.  Maybe before 2020.  I didn’t get a job right away with the school system – but I did get a job.  Haven’t found another.  But I have put in MANY applications and have had interviews.  I didn’t think I was being all that picky.  Maybe.

The most frustrating thing was having Richard get on my case – also believing that it would be easier to find work than it has been.  Now (with on bachelors and two masters) he’s the one putting in applications and interviewing and not getting hired.  I feel for him – I do.  He wants to work.  I wouldn’t mind working part time somewhere.  I’m okay with volunteering at the library – though just a bit of extra income would help financially.  A lot of extra income would help keep Jaime in school.

I’d like Richard to be working again.  I am sorry he has to play the game of job hunting.  But at least he has a better understanding of how it really is and not the painted picture we led ourselves to believe.



No comments:

Post a Comment