Saturday, May 18, 2024

I Didn’t Want to Leave Zarahemla

               Throughout my blog I have created various posts about my personality, growth, and my gratitude toward the “Come Follow Me” program.  Last week Bro. Wilcox shared a lesson on “Not Leaving Zarahemla”

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRiZgJBzP-8&t=2852s

          Metaphorically that is where I raised.  I had heard about the outside world but had no desire to be out there among the wolves.  I feel blessed that so much of what others view as temptations were not tempting.  I never wanted to do drugs, smoke, attend parties, or what have you.  I was safe in Zarahemla.  That is where I wanted to be.

          I understand the need for some to leave Zarahemla in order to grow.  Unfortunately, due to poor choices, there are hardships that need to be endured.  It involves a lot of pain – not just for the individual who makes those choices but those who love said individual and don’t wish to see him or her be in bondage to dragons and such.

          We can choose our actions but not the consequence of those actions.  My siblings and I have always had great strength and wisdom to learn through the examples of others.  We watch and we learn.  I think my sibs are better at watching and learning than I am.  I still tend to judge others rather than look upon them with the same eyes as God does.  Still have not humbled myself but am working on it.

          I’m not happy to have shown what lies outside of Zarahemla.  And yet those are still my brothers and sisters who are living in bondage.  They may not be asking me to assist them directly – but there is a silent cry.  I know I need to respond.  But I would rather they come to Zarahemla than my going outside to look for them.  And somehow that feels wrong.  I need to go out among them without allowing myself to be swallowed up.  But to remain yoked with Christ for their return.

No comments:

Post a Comment