Sunday, May 25, 2014

It's No Longer a High School - Dreamathon!



We had scheduled a dentist appointment for Jenna on Friday afternoon.  


Fortunately I had contacted the school the day before. 


 Jenna noticed the bus go by and I took my cell phone out to see what time it was.  


It went off in my hands.  That was weird.


I saw that it was the school calling.  


I was told that Jenna’s class would be going on a filed trip and wouldn’t be back at designated time and that I might as well keep her home.  


When I repeated the words “field trip” into the phone, Jenna started crying.  She wanted to go.


I called the dentist to reschedule and Jenna and I got on the next bus and she went to her field trip and not to the dentist.


She explained a little bit about her day – not with great detail as she does sometimes.  


There was a piece on the news about “Dreamathon” – where she had gone on her field trip.


I can’t explain why my back was turned as she continued to stare at the screen before yelling, “This is it, mom!  This is where my class went today!”


I was too slow at turning around, but had looked it up online.  


Apparently Granite High is no longer used as a high school.
 

I wasn’t aware that the building is more than 100 years old.


So today it houses the Dream Press Dreamathon featuring art, music, storytelling, etc.  I’d never heard of it.  Jenna had!  


She played our tour guide on Saturday.


I didn’t count all the rooms that we’d gone into. 



I think I was most impressed with the converted lockers.


An explosion of art was exhibited on two floors. 


Jenna may have enjoyed it more with her class than with her two old parents. 


She likes to dream


She has a great imagination!


I am so happy that she shares her enthusiasm with us.


It really is amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment