Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Umbrella: To Take or Not To Take


Jenna told Roland that I wanted
an umbrella for Mothers’ Day.
It is a Beautiful Umbrella
and big enough for both me and Jenna.
I could have used it two days before Mothers’ Day
but have not had a need for it since.

The sun has been beating down on the earth. 
But there has been a cool breeze that
 makes it all bearable.
The sun is playing hide-and-go-seek
as the clouds pass over

when I look out my back window
the sky tells me that I will need an umbrella
when I leave the house to go get Jenna.
When I look out the front window,
the sun laughs at me and tells me
it will pound down
and make my palms sweat
as I hold my umbrella
and that it will be a burden to carry.
I end up putting my purple umbrella in my back pack –
just in case. 

I never needed it.  
Not for rain anyway.
I did attempt using it as a shield 
to block out the sun - only a short time though 
as I was afraid the wind would blow the spokes 
inside-out.
I did wear my windbreaker though.
This weather is crazy.
The wind is making me physically ill.



kfralc

                           
                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment