Sunday, February 2, 2020

Love For Music




           I’m guessing that before Jenna was born
she had learned the words and notes to music
of many authors and artists and carried it
with her when she came to earth.

When she was inside of me I would
put headphones over my belly and play
songs for her, mostly classical or
primary songs. She seemed to enjoy them.

And after she was born, I would sing to her. 
I would sing songs about whatever toy she was holding
or whatever picture we were looking at. 
For example, I would sing “You’re a Grand Old Flag”
whenever I caught her looking at the flag on my tee shirt. 
Or I would point to the animals on her teething ring and
sing songs about each animal if I could think of one.

I don’t know why it surprises me whenever
Jenna sings along with a song that is decades
older than she is. 
I caught her singing along with Sam Cooke
last night and asked, “How do you know this?” 
She hadn’t been aware that she had
even been singing along.  She shrugged.

I think Jenna has an entire stash of
music genre within her and she can’t
help it whenever it comes out. 
She is just a happy positive upbeat personality
and music is just one way she lets it shine through. 

I love listening to Jenna sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment