Thursday, September 24, 2020

Hodgepodge of Thoughts

  

        I have been thinking of an assortment of things lately none seem post worthy however.  I havent come up with any great ways to transfer my thoughts.  So perhaps Ill just assign numbers.

 

1.     Ive driven many mornings without having to deal with school buses and I always forget.  Thus I have been leaving the house a wee bit earlier in order to pick up Jenna who does go to seminary in person at least for the time being.

2.     On our return we pass the middle school which has always had a flashing light signal before the turn.  But I have not seen the signal since mid-summer.  I told the crossing guard about it.  Thus far it isnt working still.

3.     Ive seen a lot more construction signs and reflective cones set up all over Myrtle Creek.  And they somehow become permanent additions as they had in Utah traffic.  I dont like that.

4.     At the end of August Douglas County was instructed to turn all fire meters to extreme.  Weve had over twenty-five fires across the state.  I think we are down to seven now. Our country meters have gradually gone down.  This morning the MCFD was set to moderate and now they have been set to low.  But this is still considered fire season so the restrictions are still in force.

The horrible air quality has been surrounding the state for over a month now, but Myrtle Creek got only a taste of it for two weeks or so before it rained.  The skies have been overcast and the air is more breathable and appears to be clean.  Fog no longer mingled with smoke though there is smoke north and east of us.

5.     We see helicopters flying with their buckets.  It seems like the fires are further to make such a trip to fill the buckets and haul the water to where the fires are burning.  At least were told that the tough winds that we recently had did not spread the fires any.  Most of them are at least 50% contained.

6.     Before the month started the news channels started off the program with the newest and total of coronavirus cases.  After the month started fires were the leading story and cornona cases werent reported until after the first commercial break like it was an after thought of oh, yea, and by the way . . . almost as though COVID had disappeared.  But it was back to the first report and then the fires

7.     I have not returned to work.  Ill wait until flu season and Christmas break if I do decide to return.  With these new hearing aids it is probably not a good idea as I havent gotten used to them yet.  Or at least the right one which is the one I really need.  I think Im okay without the left one right now.  As though the hearing aid isnt challenging enough I will have to learn to wear them with a mask.  Doesnt that sound fun?

8.     Saw the black flag as a symbol of our divided nation (politically) and had some Pharisees (my new nickname for Trump supporters) rattle on about the evils of abortion if I voted for Biden as though that is the one and only thing his campaign is built upon.  Beats dictatorship.  But I never said anything about Biden.  I never said anything about race.  But the Pharisees dont understand that the definition of a civil war is a war between two organized groups living in the same state or nation and does not necessarily have to do with race.




9.     Ill go on facebook to post a little trivial fact about a past president or presidency.  I will no longer be viewing news feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment