Sunday, April 24, 2016

My Life in Boxes part 3




            When we moved from Salt Lake to Myrtle Creek, I was so careful about packing boxes.  Taping the outside.  Labeling each box with room name and contents.  I saved every box after we had broken them all down.  I kept them stored in the shed.  I knew that someday we would move and perhaps we would need more boxes and seemed to add to our collection.

            When we moved from Myrtle Creek to Tri-City, I wasn’t so careful.  I taped boxes and filled and closed with flaps but did not secure – nor did I relabel any of the boxes.  The house that we signed to purchase is three miles away from the house we were renting.

            I haven’t felt the need to hang onto boxes anymore.  I think we left just as many boxes at the rental on Myrtle Creek as we had brought with us.  A trip was made to the dump for our waste from Myrtle Creek.  We now have a collection going for the curb every other week in Tri-City.  Many boxes have been broken down, but not all of them.  Some boxes remain empty ready to break down or fill with something else.  Some remain filled waiting to be emptied.  I am happy to say that my life has gone beyond being in boxes.

      After a week our house in Tri-City is starting to look more like a home and not so much a warehouse of stacked boxes everywhere – but still a work in progress that is coming together. My gluteus maximus hurts to the maximus – along with the rest of me . . . .

            Still not hooked up to the large computer and don’t have the ability to transfer pictures from the laptop.  May be another week – maybe longer.  I may do a post of “Just Pictures”.  We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment