Monday, July 15, 2019

Dash #161The Proposal


          There was never a formal proposal on Roland’s part.  He said that he would get me a ring when he could afford one.  I told him that the ring was not important and he could just buy one from a vending machine.  So one day he presented me with a golden colored plastic band made of connecting hearts.  It was cute but made my finger turn green.  Eventually, I lost it.  I felt bad for sentimental reasons.

           Before the end of the year, Roland had purchased a simple gold band with a small diamond.  It was perfect.  When I had my tubular pregnancy, I had to remove all jewelry.  I was pretty out of it and had not bothered to put it back on – or maybe by that point, it needed to be adjusted.  I don’t know why I had left it in my jewelry box.  One of the boys had lost his keys and someone had found them and used them to break into our house.  My ring was stolen.
             Later after I got pregnant with Jenna, Roland decided he needed to replace my ring. Unfortunately, it was not as simple. My finger had swollen and having the ring on caused me pain.  It also made a permanent dent on my finger.  I took that off as well.

          After I had given birth, Roland presented with yet another ring – pretty much like the first but there were two diamonds – one quite smaller than the other.  One for me and one for Jenna.  It is the one I wear today.


No comments:

Post a Comment