Thursday, July 18, 2019

Humid and Windy



                It’s been quite an unusual summer – not that I’m complaining.  I’M NOT!  I am definitely not.  I love this weather.  It has been a bit unpredictable, but really nice overall.

            Often the wind blows and so the outside temperature hasn’t often felt as hot as what it is.  Or else it will be overly humid, which I have not experienced a lot in this state, but had with I lived in Virginia.

            The humidity has kept the kept the fire conditions moderate which is a GREAT improvement from the smoke we had two years ago.

            Earlier I posted pictures of clouds.  Roland was taking a nap and I didn’t want to wake him, so rather than use my camera, I had taken pics with my cell phone – my flip phone.  Of course it didn’t capture the brilliance of what I actually saw.

            The last pic was the murky skies filled with humidity and not from smoke. 

            Jenna had waken me up at 4:45 anxious to get to the blueberry patch. She had invited her friend Marie to assist with picking.  I told her the gate doesn’t open until 6:00.  And I honestly thought it looked too dark to drive.  How did that happen?

            It has been overcast all day.  The girls paid no attention and kept busy.  When I returned for them six and a half hours later, they had picked 68 pounds of blueberries!  I will return them back to work tomorrow.

It hasn’t been especially hot today.  In fact, I wish I would have had a sock cap to cover my ears.  The heat will get to 80 by 6:00 and go back down.  Currently it is 74 degrees but feels at least ten degrees cooler. 

I love this weather.  This is what we came for.

No comments:

Post a Comment