Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Dash TV#3 States I've been to: H - O


What States Have You Visited?


Of the fifty states it looks like I’ve been to (or through) almost half.  Some I have already posted about.  Most haven’t been mentioned.  So here are more 


Hawaii       I have been only once.  My paternal grandmother had signed us up through a tour guided group after I had graduated high school.  We flew and traveled by bus to the different islands. 




Idaho         We would  stop at Lava Hot Springs whenever we would go to Pocatello.  We usually stayed in Pocatello or Idaho Falls on our way to Yellowstone National Park.  When I was six or seven, my paternal grandfather took all three of his children and then four grandchildren to Sun Valley resort in Idaho.  I don’t have many memories except for what mom told me.   I have also been through Twin Falls and Boise.  I went to Ricks College for a year and so recided in the dorms and had lived in Rexburg for eight months.


Steven in Idaho Falls

at Rick's College

Montana   Whenever we would go to Yellowstone, we would always go by way of the west entrance.  For the most part we would find lodging in West Yellowstone, Montana.  I don’t remember having visited any other city until after my mission.  Some friends I had made in Woodbridge, Virginia ended up moving to Missoula, Montana.  The first time I had gone, I had conned my neighbor from across the street to go with me (in his car).  The second time I was with my former companion whom I had served with in Woodbridge.
  
Nevada       Whenever we’d go to San Fransciso we would go by way of I80 passing Elko.  Sometimes we would lodge in Winnemucca or drive a little further but usually stopped before we got to Reno.  We would continue on to San Francisco the next day.  If we were going to Anaheim than we would go through Las Vegas. 




One time we had stopped off in a drug store in Las Vegas.  I don’t know why we all got out of the car, but we did.  Corey had busied himself on a foosball table.  I don’t recall what each of the rest of us were doing, but we had each returned to the car and drove off while Corey continued to play foosball.  I don’t know how long we drove before we realized he wasn’t in the car with us.  We returned to find him in a panicked state.  Ironically, he currently lives in Las Vegas with his husband.



when Jenna was a baby

 New Jersey      When Roland’s brother got married in New Jersey, all of his siblings came.  Jenna was only a year at the time and just learning to walk.  She thought it would be glorious to walk up and down the aisle of the plane and was quite upset that I wouldn’t let her.  We really didn’t see much of the state or did any activities other than attend the wedding and visit.

Oregon       Other than current city and county (which by the way, geographically is the same size as Rhode Island) where I currently reside, I have been to Tillamook, Newport, McMinnville, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Burns, Coos Bay, and Salem to name a few.  My Oregon journey started in this post   


seals in Newport 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment