Friday, August 23, 2019

What's Beneath?


I remember when we decided to take down the paneling to bring more light into the Kearns house.
Beneath the dark paneling was a mural of a corn field.  What had possessed somebody to put that there in the first place?


When Richard and took the boys to work on a house he had purchased to flip, our youngest found some savings bonds hidden beneath the floor.

We can hide beneath the covers or find other treasures beneath the bedding (remote controls for instance).  Treasures can be found beneath so many surfaces. I have discovered treasures beneath my seat or beneath that pile of rubble in my closet.

I have discovered autumn leaves trapped beneath soggy snow.  Can you find what’s beneath the ocean’s surface?  Do you associate with all kinds of people or do you feel there are some that are beneath your level?

We have had people crawl beneath our house before to install cable, check for leaks, and fix the flooring from beneath.


There are pipes beneath my house which carry water to and from where I need it to.  Some areas have started using a system in which the power lines are beneath the ground instead of overhead.

When Sunny got married, she dressed her bridesmaids in pink taffeta. I felt like I had billow pads beneath my arm pits.

Sometimes I wear my swim suit beneath my clothes. 

Often my socks slide off my ankles and get trapped beneath my feet in whatever shoes or boots I’m wearing.  I can often hide things beneath my coat.

When you are canning, you need to turn the jar upside down to make sure that there is no air between the lid and your food product.


Sometimes I will try to hide my laughter when I think that something is funny but I know it’s not an appropriate time to laugh (like at church, for instance)

My blog is called Beneath the Wraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment