Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Schools and Weather


          There are five schools in the district – which I may have mentioned before.  Two elementary schools are from K-5 (I think both offer Pre-K.  I know that one does for sure), a middle school from 6-8, high school 9-12 and the Canyonville School ages K-8.  I will accept assignments for three of the schools.  I have worked at all the schools accept for the high school.  Currently I will fill in for aides at either the elementary school closest to the middle school, the middle school or Canyonville.  Four of the schools are about equal distance from my house (the two I accept assignments for are to my east and the other two are in Tri City to the west) but it takes more than twice as long to get to Canyonville as the others.
         
          I think the high school and other elementary are fairly new in comparison to the others.  For the past two days I have been at Canyonville – which at some point had only one building.  But now there are five.  I haven’t accepted many assignments with Canyonville this year, though I have five lined up for future dates – starting with Monday and Tuesday of this week.

       It’s been cold the last couple of days.  I meant to wear long sleeves to school yesterday, but came across a short sleeve top I hadn’t worn in a while.  Normally I get hot at the schools, but yesterday I was cold in the main building and didn’t become overly warm until the last 30 minutes with the 2nd grade.  I had taken my long green coat on Monday.  Roland refers to it as my “bag lady” coat. (Refer to this site) as I knew I’d be outside at least during lunch.  The agenda also required that I spend the first 15 minutes and last 15 minutes outside as well.

          I notice the rain always chases the fog.  I had brought my umbrella the on Monday but hadn’t needed it.   Yesterday morning was foggy.  Normally I haven’t had to arrive at Canyonville so early and so I haven’t seen where the bus drops off the students until yesterday.  I left my umbrella in the car and was surprised the fog had lifted by the time I got up the hill.  


I wore my wolf jacket and not my green coat.  My legs and buttocks were cold and I wished I had worn my long coat instead. 

          As the day progressed, the clouds moved to reveal the sun and the air felt colder.  I’ll be sure to take my green coat with me as I work the next two days at the middle school.

No comments:

Post a Comment