Monday, October 5, 2020

Healing Bonnie

                 Jenna started caring for Bonnie on September 11.  The initial plan was to go to her house to feed her and let her out.  The air was full of smoke when Jenna started.  Roland insisted that we bring Bonnie to our house for the next nine weeks – which will now be closer to three months as she will be with us at least until the first week of December. 

                Bonnie had an itch.  She was always scratching and licking herself.  Roland told us to take her to the vets.  I first called the number of the clinic belonging to our former bishop.  No answer.  I tried his house.  No answer.  I knew that he had been looking to retire and perhaps he had.  Roland suggested I try the new clinic that just opened on Main Street.  The clinic workers had to talk with Bonnie’s “mom” before we could take her in.



                We took her to the doctors during her first week with us.  Jenna took her into the clinic (after we had called to report our presence) and I waited in the car.  Bonnie received three shots – one for her itch.  We were told to come back for a second shot and had set up an appointment for today. 

Bonnie did stop scratching for about a week or so. She doesn’t scratch as much as she used to.  Meanwhile we received a call from Bonnie’s “mom” to inform us that today’s appointment would need to be rescheduled because of some conflict at the Canyonville clinic. ????  We had made her appointment in Myrtle Creek, not Canyonville.  I called to change the appointment but could not be found.  What???  You called us – or somebody did.  Somebody from Canyonville?  I made the appointment for tomorrow.

Meanwhile I have been picking up Jenna from seminary each morning.  Sometimes I will take Bonnie with me.  On Wednesday we had stopped at the dog park and let Bonnie loose in the fenced area.  She seemed to enjoy herself.  After we returned home Jenna noticed some redness on Bonnie’s paw.  Bonnie would lick her sore which made it worse.  And so when I rescheduled Bonnie’s shot appointment I mentioned her sore paw.  But by Friday she was limping – and even more on Saturday.  I did not want three more days to pass before returning to the vets.  I called our former bishop and met him at his clinic on Saturday afternoon.  He gave us two bottles of medication.  Jenna has been diligently giving her the medication ever since and Bonnie is feeling better.  As soon as I post this I will call the other vet to cancel the appointment that I just made and we will contact the former bishop on Thursday.



No comments:

Post a Comment