Monday, October 26, 2020

The Pandemic Voters

When I was growing up in Midvale, Utah

I remember seeing grown-ups going to the

Elementary school to cast their vote in whatever

Poll.

I was in the sixth grade when Nixon ran against

McGovern.  I dont know that I had paid much toward

Elections until that time.

I had the opportunity to vote the year that I graduated

High school. 

Id gone to the elementary school where many

booths were set up.

We were in a different district than our

Neighbors across the street.

There were more booths available for their district

As they had three times as many candidates to vote for.

I have always lived in small districts which does

Have its perks I suppose.

 


The Presidential candidates at the time were Jimmy Carter

And Ronald Reagan.

I was on my Mission when Reagan ran against Dukakis.

I submitted an absentee ballot.

The last time I went to the polls was when Obama ran against

McCain. 

It had been predicted that there would be a large turn-out of

Voters and so in order to compensate long lines

Optional locations were provided for various districts to vote.

 

The location I was given was inconvenient to find not just

For me but I would guess for a lot of people as

I did not have to wait in line and had heard comments that

We havent had as many people as we had thought  Well yeah.

Hard to vote if you cant find the location youre supposed to be voting at.

After that I signed up to vote by mail as it was/is an easier option.

Here in Oregon, we dont have a choice.  The entire state votes by mail.

 

Citizens also have the option of voting early. 

There have been so many

Who have voted already. 

Probably more voting than any presidential election.

And there are still nine days left to vote!!

It has been announced that the results will not be counted

Or distributed until later in the week.

Yes.  Ill believe that when it happens.

Right now I am skeptical.

I dont want Trump in office anymore.

Why would they even allow it after trying to impeach the guy?

And having to pay all the taxes that he does?

And I am still blown over about some people I know who

Are Trump supporters.

Where is your head man?

I have friends who have always been devoted  

To the Republican party.

At least one has run for office under the Republican Party.

But not this year.

Let it be known that they do NOT support Trump

Even if it means losing face with the Republican party.

 

Once again you are NOT married to one party or the other

There is no binding contract.

Citizens are allowed to vote for who they want.

Or against who they dont want.

No comments:

Post a Comment