Saturday, October 31, 2020

Loose Change

 

          Roland and I obviously grew up in different households.  What I accept in faith somehow irritates him and Im certain our upbringing has a lot to do with it.

 

For example:

 

          Sometimes when there is change in my pocket and I remove it before I go to bed, I will set it on top of the dresser or desk with intentions of putting it my purse or a bank but then forget about it and he seems to go ballistic that it is out of place and I NEED TO PUT IT AWAY

 


          One of the sibs he grew up with was a thief.  She often allowed all of her sibs to take punishment that she did.

          I, on the other hand, grew up in an environment where we showed love and respect to one another. 

         

          When we were all working at Snelgroves and would come home, Kayla would always take change out of her pocket and leave it on the kitchen table.  It was there when we all went to bed.  It remained when we would get up in the morning.  None of us bothered with it because we each knew that it didnt belong to us.

 

          I could have never done that with the boys.  Any change on the table would have been gone in a heartbeat.  Sometimes rooms (drawers) would be ransacked as one would hunt for the right amount of change to satisfy whatever petty desire was at hand.

 

          I realize I need to be more careful.  But right now it is 2020.  There are three people in our house.  I think were okay with a few pennies here and a few nickels there.  We havent had much in the way of foot traffic even before COVID.

No comments:

Post a Comment