Wednesday, August 24, 2022

By Invitation Only

         It has been several months since the missionaries had been teaching the Gospel Essential Class.  I thought it would be cool if they had started that up again rather than have the new member interest attending the Gospel Doctrine class.  But that was just my opinion.  I obviously do not have the authority to change that.  I did however remind Richard that it had been a thing.  He is Sunday School president and brought it up in the leaders meeting that takes place before church.

        Last week Richard taught the gospel essentials and had invited those members who have recently been baptized and those who are seeking, the missionaries, and a few supporters including candidates for teaching the class. It is a class that I had attended during my time as a counselor in the Relief Society.  Even though I continue to serve in the RS presidency, I am in a different position (secretary).

        Meanwhile a new instructor has been called to teach Sunday School and I somehow felt obligated to show my support to her by attending her class which was really great.  The Come Follow Me program has our reading in Psalms and last weeks theme was on repentance.  Oh, my.  What a powerful lesson.  Participants pointed out the difference between guilt and shame.  Some of us found comfort in Psalms 51:10 which reads:

        Create me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.



        Heavenly Father loves us unconditionally.  It is important that we can see ourselves through His eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment