Thursday, March 24, 2016

Breakfast For Dinner



        Missionaries appreciate not only meeting the members, but having someone cook dinner for them - or at least I did.  Depending on the area,  I suppose there are some meals that can get tiresome for missionaries.  Spaghetti seems to be a huge staple.  Missionaries seem to get their fill of pizza in the ward I currently reside.  In my mission, the meal that was overdone always included fried chicken and some unidentified vegetable that had been boiled beyond recognition. 

        Serving chicken was so overdone that before my mission ended,  I was certain that I wouldn't care if I ever ate chicken again. And I think it was seriously a couple of years before I willingly ate it again.

        Roland always likes to do something different for the missionaries - something original that they (the missionaries) don't get very often.  We've had Hawaiian haystacks (we've actually had other members tell us how much the missionaries raved over that one), steak, meatloaf and one Jenna's favorites: breakfast.

        Although we weren't signed up to feed the missionaries until last night, Roland thought we should time ourselves the night prior just to see how long it took to make it all.  We had blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hasbrowns, assorted muffins and juice.  Elder Campbell gave us the thumbs up.  The meal was quite a success.  Jenna missed having French toast, but really . . . that was a lot of food.

        We used paper plates and cups but not  disposable pans or serving dishes.  The sink was quite full like would be on Thanksgiving.  I haven't yet finished the dishes.


        

No comments:

Post a Comment