Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Food is Spectacular - Better than its Unnecessary Punctuation



            We haven't been here for even a year, and have already seen drastic makeovers.  Dairy Queen/Tommy's from this post






           Another restaurant change has been the recent transformation of Patty Ann's.  




           Sadly this restaurant closed just shortly before or after we arrived.




             Patty Ann's was a landmark in my mind.  We would stop and take pictures with the boat or building or picnic benches.




            At the beginning of the year the signs came down.  The benches disappeared.  New signs went up.  Mid Town Grill.

notice the apostrophe in TACO'S


            Yesterday Rolland decided he wanted to leave the house to take his lunch.  So we went to Mid Town Grill which recently opened.  I don't know how it compares with Patty Ann's as I'd never eaten Patty Ann's food before.  The Mid Town Grill food was delicious.   I can't imagine that Patty Ann's tasted better, really.  Though I had heard that the food there was good and the prices looked reasonable from my point of view.




            They advertise a four time winning clam chowder.  They are not kidding.  It is definitely the best clam chowder that I've ever had.  All of their food was good.  I had ordered Baja tacos and Roland ordered the fish and chips.  I traded one of my tacos for one of his breaded fish.  Everything was so yummy.



            So if you're ever in Myrtle Creek, you will no longer be able to see the boat from Old Pacific (or Highway 99) but you will see the sign from above 





            If you want home cooked food, I promise that your pallet will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment