Thursday, March 17, 2016

Egg Yolks




            From the time she was a baby, Jenna has never liked egg yolks.  I had attempted to give them to her between the ages 6 months and a year.  I would scramble the yolk, hard boil it, fry it, poach it - it didn't matter what I did with it, she didn't enjoy eating it.




            My son Biff doesn't eat egg yolks either - I think just because he's health conscience.  He used to give me his egg yolks - which for the most part we would use as an ingredient in cakes or cookies.




            When I introduced Jenna to the egg white, she was fine with it.  Eventually she learned to like scrambled eggs (even with the yolk - though white is preferable)




and even hard cooked eggs.  At first without the yolks - but now she'll actually eat the yolk.  But it's got to be the right shade of yellow. 





































We do well at sharing fried eggs.  She will eat all the white, and I will dip my toast in the yolks.  (Of course I always enjoy the most fattening part)



            Her favorite sandwich to order at subway is the bacon, egg and cheese on flatbread.  She thinks it's awesome when she can order egg white only.





            I LOVE deviled eggs.  She won't even touch them. 





Not even these darling Easter egg chicks.




            Roland made some meringue earlier this week.  Yesterday I decided to make a custard.  I should have taken a picture.  I didn't realize what pigs Roland and I would be over it.  I'll have to make again as it was delicious.



 Jenna missed out. 



There was a time when we were in Arizona and my brother-in-law was fixing breakfast for everyone.  He asked me how I liked my eggs.  I told him "as an ingredient inside of a doughnut"




He thought I was kidding.


I wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment