Friday, March 25, 2016

What about Pamprin?

          


      It’s not that I favor Francis over Pamprin or that I feel that I know her better.  Truth is, I probably have more memories (both positive and negative) of Pamprin than I do of Frances.  It’s just that as Frances and Jenna share so many physical features and personality traits as mentioned here:



     
            Jenna does not share the same laugh, which I'm grateful for.  Frances had an obnoxious laugh.  It came out as a really loud cackle.  I don't remember Pamprin ever laughing although she did smile a lot.  Randy, Pamprin and Jenna (each the youngest of their birth moms) all have dimples on their faces.  Biff, Frances and Jenna (each the eldest of their birth moms)  all have brown eyes



      Our visitations were supposed to be every other week with both girls.  I don’t recall them staying overnight more than just once a month – maybe ten times out of the year?  Their mom was crazy in the head and had come to the point of actually believing her lies.

      Before the courts granted overnight visits, there had been the first few visitations when I thought Frances was the one who acted like a brat - doing whatever she felt like doing and never minding us.  
      We had taken the girls to a park where Ooki was meeting with other foreign exchange students for a Halloween themed event.  Frances joined in with all of their activities - including taking pictures with the students who were well over ten years older than her.  She didn't care. Perhaps it was just the age.

              Pamprin was a spoiled brat that often got her way – especially whereas her mother was concerned. She would milk any given situation if she knew it would earn her attention as mentioned in this post




      I had dropped off five of my children to a summer event.  Jenna wasn’t even walking at the time, and I didn’t wish to supervise the girls at the activity while trying to watch Jenna in a crowded area.  Pamprin evidently  twisted her ankle while attempting to ice skate. 
            I was called to pick her up and I remember her brothers pushing her out in a wheel chair.  She had a devilish smile on her face which reminded me of a spoiled rich girl who gets satisfaction in bringing  others down – though Pamprin didn’t really intentionally put down others, she had the desire  that everyone pay attention to her at all times





            Then came a time when Frances would visit by herself.  Pamprin didn’t want to come and so her mom would make excuses. Frances wanted to spend time with her brother, Tony (the only one of the three boys allowed to be present for a long while - another sore subject which I won't go into) and getting  to hold her sister.

            I was okay with Frances coming by herself.  It was less confrontation with just her than when her brattiness (sister) painted pictures for her mother that simply weren't true.  Truthfully, there isn't much I remember about our visits with Frances only.
           
            Then came the time that Frances no longer wished to visit.  Fortunately it seemed that their mom could only brain-wash one of them at a time.  Perhaps Frances was physically sick – but I think most of it was psychological.  She said she had fibromyalgia – whether she really did or not, I don’t know.  Every time we saw the girls they always had something.  Often there were allergies that changed with each visitation.  Granted, both girls were on meds – generally from different doctors.  I remember a time when Frances was taking a pill to put her to sleep and another one to wake her up.

            It wasn’t long before Pamprin became the responsible one – the most mature of the three of them.  She was only eleven.  Frances holed up at her mother's house for a year claiming she was home schooled.  I don’t know who supposedly home schooled her.  I am very certain that it wasn’t her mom.

           Pamprin actually enjoyed her visits with us.  I was under the impression that she didn’t want to leave.
           She was very cute with Jenna, pretending to search for her while playing hide-n-seek.  She would loudly ask, “Is she in the washing machine?” as she lifted the lid.

            Jenna would be laughing so hard that it was quite obvious where she was standing, but Pamprin would play the game.

            I have memories of the two of them coloring and applying make-up to one another.  Pamprin was with us one Easter and we took her and Jenna to an Easter egg hunt and a Dr. Seuss birthday party.  Pamprin had learned to make animal balloons and utilized her talents to make balloon animals for several of the patrons at the Dr. Seuss event.                   
   


            Both girls read to Jenna and fed her, but Pamprin and Tony were the only two of the five sibs who would change her diaper.

            Pamprin enjoyed singing, and perhaps Jenna picked that up from her.  I enjoyed her visits more when Frances had stopped coming.

            Frances was the only sib who didn’t help with putting Jenna’s fort together.   Whenever we did see her, she wasn't at all active.  She always seemed in a slump that she didn't appear to even overcome.  She reminded me of Eyore from this post

                 I have managed to find Pamprin on facebook.  I haven't requested a friendship with her, but do occasionally look at her wall and wonder how she and Frances are doing.    I don't know if we will ever reconnect.         

       


No comments:

Post a Comment