Saturday, October 13, 2018

Remembering Dottie




            I had purchased a package of "Strap Perfect" as it was on clearance.  Jenna and I both seem to lack in the shoulder area.  I thought we could each have three, only three had already been removed from the package.  Perhaps that is why it was on clearance.  I recall Jenna breaking one trying to get her bra off.  I kept one for my swimsuit in the event that I ever misplaced my swim shirt which I did the entire month of August. 

            After Jenna started going to the pool with me last year, she had a suit that didn't fit quite right.  I don't remember what it even looked like or what was wrong with it.  Dottie had brought us a suit that she used to wear and had given it to Jenna.  Dottie was always thoughtful of others.

            It was in August when I noticed Dottie using a binder clip to keep her swimsuit up.  I had misplaced one of the "Strap Perfect" clips but decided I would look for it harder so that I could give one to Dottie, but I couldn't find it.  One day she asked me where I had gotten my clip.  I told her that I had purchased it at Dollar General but have not seen it there again until today.  As I made my purchase I thought about Dottie and would give two clips to her if I were to see her again.  I don't imagine she'll have a use for it in the hereafter.  Dottie isn't with us on earth anymore.

            My hair is starting to come in white.  Whenever I look in the mirror I see my mom.  Except for when she kept the white she was thinner than I am currently.  But that wasn't always the case.  She had dark hair and I started out with white hair (when it finally came in) and looks like I'll be ending with white hair.  Dottie was the first to comment on my white hair and said that I should keep it.  

           After I chopped off my pigtails, Dottie told me how pretty my hair was and thought it would look great when I grew it out white with brown chunks at the end.  She was always so sincere with her compliments.  I don't know what color my hair will be in the hereafter.  I don't suppose it matters.  I won't be seeing Dottie again until it's my time to go.
            She evidently had a lot of health issues, but never complained about her condition.  None of us were aware of how many health problems she had or the severity of what was going on.  I think it was fortunate that she passed away peacefully in her sleep.  I hope her husband knows that.

            I don't recall ever having visited with Dottie outside of the pool except for a few times when she would join our group for coffee.  When I had my job interview in Canyonville, I received a text from Carol to come and join them at a cafe that had just opened up.  Dottie was there with the group.  I think that was the last time I saw her.  I will miss seeing her at the pool next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment