Thursday, October 4, 2018

Sidenote

For a year I believed that my youngest granddaughter, Liz, shared her birthday with my son Tony, who is her dad.  It wasn't until I wished a "happy birthday" to both her and Tony that I was corrected.  It's true that Rochelle had gone to the hospital on his birthday, but Liz did not arrive until after midnight making her birthday November 4th instead of the 3rd.

This year Rochelle has been carrying extra weight with our only grandson who was also due to make his appearance in November but decided to come a month to six weeks early.  They must have checked into the hospital late last night after Tony had called to wish Roland happy birthday.  Their baby arrived before 2:00 this morning.

Recap:  Roland was born on the 3rd.  Two of his children were born on the 3rd.  Daddy daughter combo born different months on the 3rd - in fact, he and Jenna are exactly 50 1/2 years apart.  (see here) Tony and his oldest daughter are both on the third.  All four in different months.  Tony's second daughter was born just after his birthday and now our only grandson (who does not yet have a name) was born the day after Roland's birthday.  How uncanny!

 I haven't shared the birth or this discovery on facebook as it is their place to be the first to share their news.  I don't know how many mutual friends we have that may read my blog.  If you don't see a post from them on fb, mum's the word.

I'll provide more info at a later time. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, congratulations "Grandma"! I won't say a word. How are Rochelle and baby doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were both fine last I heard. Baby's hooked up to tubes, but he's larger than any of us were . . . Rochelle always looked so worn out in all of the photos. She probably feels relieved to have him out.

      Delete