Thursday, February 14, 2019

To Each His Own


Today is Valentines' Day. 
Bah. 
I think I was
single for so long that
I just don't get overly
excited about the holiday. 

I received Valentines in
school.  I would have
received less except for
it was mandatory to
give one to each class
mate.

I had a two week assignment
to fill in for one of the
educational aids.
Yesterday was supposed to
be my last day, but I called
in sick.

I do feel better today than
yesterday.  I wasn't scheduled
but do have the opportunity to
sub at another school but
think I should do with one day
of rest as I have been
scheduled to work for tomorrow.

I listened to the other aides
ragging on Valentine's Day
and agreed with most of their
comments.
There was one who had gotten
married on Valentine's Day.
She and her husband chose
that day so that they would
not forget their anniversary.

It was fun to discover
through Jenna's eyes when
she was younger, but I
think overall she may be
just as bah about it than I am. 

Her favorite part about Valentine's Day
is the clearance sales on
Valentine products (particularly candy)
made available the next day.
Roland surprised us both this
morning with small
boxes of chocolates
Roland likes St. Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment