Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Words that are Homophones




Diamonds are measured in carats, but carrots are measured in pounds.

I saw that the maid made the beds.

I saw several rows of rose bushes.

You won the game which makes you number one.

I prefer to write with my right hand.

I just heard that my favorite band has been banned from the club
.
I pour the medicated liquid into my hands and splash my pores for now  but I am too poor to afford to purchase the product.

I am going to the store to purchase two loaves of bread as I think that three will be too many.

Please tell me a tale about a Eyore losing his tail.

It's time for me to add the thyme to my recipe.

My neighbor borrowed my wok.  Will you walk to our neighbor's house and get it?

I am going by the store.  Would you like me to buy something?  I am leaving now.  Good-bye.

Did you just say "good-bye" or "good buy"?



For more homonyms, this is a fun book with great illustrations:

https://books.google.com/books/about/Dear_Deer.html?id=IMFjyQZvkLIC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false



No comments:

Post a Comment