Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Too Busy To Be Called “Vacation”



            It feels like a Saturday.  I suspect most of the days this week will feel like Saturdays.  On the 21st my post gives a little detail about my dental experience.  The Novocain wore off eventually – long after the dentist was closed.  I don’t know when I first noticed that my teeth were not feeling right.  Well, two in particular.  Was it the tooth he just worked on?  The bite on the right side of my mouth made contact before anything on my left.  It didn’t hurt but was quite annoying.

            I remember the dentist and his assistant having me bite on a paper and saw off some more.  Wait a minute!  I don’t think I am finished.  Something is sticking up that’s not supposed to.

            That was Wednesday.  I allowed myself to “deal with it” for the next four days and called the dentist yesterday to see if I could get in before my next appointment in January. 

            I don’t know what time I called.  Something was going on.  Rather put me on eternal hold, the receptionist took my name and number and said she would get back to me.  I think it was forty minutes before she got back to me!

            I was pulling out of my driveway as I had a 10:00 meeting.  I wasn’t even trying to get in yesterday.  It was actually NOT a good day for me to try and fit into my schedule. There had been a cancellation for this morning.  Perfect! 

            The meeting could have gone better, I suppose.  Seemed like we got off track a bit.  We do get things accomplished, but never anything on the agenda. When the meeting was over I returned home and ate a sandwich before Jenna, Roland and I went to the school for parent/teacher conference.  Not much to be said as Jenna is a great, wonderful, awesome student and everybody loves her.  No questions.  Just introductions more than anything.

            Next: the Big City of Roseburg.  Jenna wanted to see Frozen II.  We purchased tickets and then went to get something to eat.  Back to the cinema and  then to Costco to pick up Thanksgiving supplies. 

            Roland allowed me to stay in the car and play on my kindle.  Have I mentioned that I really really really really (that’s probably not even enough really) don’t like shopping.  I was even willing to miss out on free samples (if there were any?) and played a few games before Roland and Jenna returned to the car.

            It was probably only 5:00 when we returned, but it always feels later when it’s dark.  Our usual routine: Roland unloaded the car, Jenna brought food into the house, I put away.

            Roland was tired and so I took Jenna with me to the dentist.  I spent an hour in the dentist chair last visit.  I think it was only ten minutes this morning.  The tooth was filed down!  No more grinding!  Evenly chew.  Well sort of.  I have jagged teeth.  Mostly where it can’t be seen. 

            Jenna and I did not return home right away.  We hit a bunch of stores – the same that we can find in Myrtle Creek, but in Winston we could have walked to each of them and stayed parked in one space.  But the weather hasn’t been too friendly the last couple of days – not just here but all across the nation – probably the entire globe as well.  Not a lot of traffic.  I appreciated that.
           
            Roland wanted to do a trial run of the food so that he knows how to time it Thursday.  When Jenna and I returned, “lunch” was ready.  We had Waldorf salad (not a part of my Thanksgiving tradition, but Roland said he really wanted to have some) yams, turkey and stuffing.  I was hungry and enjoyed the food.  I think the stuffing will taste better on Thanksgiving after it’s been inside of the turkey (what we had today was from a boneless breast)

            Roland decided to go to the barber and asked me if I’d like to come along for the ride – just to get out of the house.  He obviously had a nap and maybe hadn’t notice how long I’d been gone.  I’ve been out.  I got wet.  I’ll stay home and create a new post.  I’m good.

            Now he is on his way to purchase three big propanes in case the power does go out again – like it did in February.  It sounds as though blow out before I get this posted.  He is the one that freezes when we don’t have any power.  I am still opening the window (if only a crack) when it’s only 30 degrees outside.  I don’t like the electric heat that is the only source of heat we have to warm our house.

            The hilltops are capped in snow now.  The wind is howling.  I hope it doesn’t blow the shingles off our roof (or whatever else is up there). The elements sound very unforgiving right now.  It’s rare to hear the wind howling as we’ve not heard much of it the entire time we’ve been in Oregon.  We did in Salt Lake.  Don’t miss that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment