Saturday, July 29, 2017

Silly Parade

I do hope not to offend anyone in Myrtle Creek by calling their parade silly.  It's just that I am used to bands and floats (see here) and spacing and not everything clumped together.  I certainly did take a lot of pictures - but not as many as I had the first year we lived here.  We did not even attend last year.

The Friends of Myrtle Creek had marched in the Rodeo parade (see here) on the 17th and had planned on walking in today's parade, but with manning the booths and lack of availability, it felt like their were too few to accomplish our desire - so we opted out.  

I don't think the parade started on time.  Roland made certain we had ice cream as we had two years ago.



The parade stared out with six firetrucks.  I evidently took nine pictures:










most had passengers who threw candy.  Roland got a Frisbee from one thrower:


followed by a series of monster trucks.  I took a picture of the first one:


followed by five others.  I did take a picture of this rig pulling two monster cars only because Roland had made a comment about the expense of one pulling the expense of the other.



Six more monster trucks passed before I took this picture:


I stopped counting between this and the last two show off cars:




Next came Miss Douglas County:


Followed by a series of classic cars.  I may have gotten all of them.










And here's what followed the classic cars:







This last truck was pulling a trailer.  I guess these next two would be considered the floats?




Both had been issued trophies.  I wonder if the Friends of the Myrtle Creek Library would have received a trophy.  Probably.

We didn't get to see a log truck in the parade as we had the first year (see here).  But we did see more walkers than in prior years.



This last truck was  followed by five more of it's kind.






Hope you enjoyed our parade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment