Sunday, April 8, 2018

September is Better Than March


          Bill got some really great pictures of the animals when we had gone to Wildlife Safari in Winston, Oregon.  I'm happy that he was able to see more than I had when I went with them on March 30 this year.  I thought the activity among the animals had been much more impressive in September 2015 - the year we had moved here - the year I had gone with my brother, Corey.  Of course we gone at lunch time and had the honor of witnessing several animals being fed (Cats and Bears are kept behind fences whereas most of the other animals are free to roam) and this year we had gone early in the morning when the animals weren't quite as active.





          I really wanted pictures of us rather than use up my battery for animals in the distance.  The greatest part of the safari this time was watching the ostrich determined to block our path and hold up a line of cars

 
we couldn't go around it

did make it's way around the car eventually

Kayla in the back of our car

I don't know how many more cars behind the camper


          We also had the option of feeding one group of animals;  I didn't remember that even being an option when Corey and I went.  I had turned my head away from the window momentarily and when I turned back, I had this view right in my face:






        We had initially planned on leaving the park to get some lunch but as there was a giant hole in the van window, it was suggested that the rest of us go feed the kids (and ourselves) while Bill took the van somewhere to take care of the problem.  Most had been finishing up his or her lunch when Bill finally joined us.  Luckily he had not even had to leave the lot, but was assisted by some workers from the safari who lined the back window with a couple of cardboard boxes.




          The walk-thru part of the attraction also seemed to have added features that either weren't there in 2015 or perhaps I was just oblivious to them.  Roland had paid for all of us to ride the train.  The train was designed for small people and runs in a figure eighth. I would have rather spent the money on allowing each of the kids (Jenna included) to ride the camel.  But we didn't know any better.





      
          I thought we could do another drive-thru after lunch, but Kayla and Roland were very tired.  We put Roland and three of the  kids in our car to go home.  Kayla, BJ and I went with Bill to Roseburg so that he could get the window fixed but ended up having to return by himself on Monday.
          We did not leave the house on Saturday or Sunday;  watched Conference (or tried to) and played games and visited with one another.  Made it more relaxing.  It was so good spending time with them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment