Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Enchanted Forest: Storybook Lane



     The "Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe" shoe was the last exhibit in Storybook Lane.   




There was a line to go through the shoe. It was the most crowded of anything else we had seen all day.  Roland pointed out to the slides below, and I went away from the shoe toward the bottom of the slide to get pictures of Ashley and Jenna coming down the slide.


I don't know if the slide required the purchase of tickets or not.  We had purchased each girl an all-day bracelet to go on the rides for as many times as they wanted.  It would have been less costly just to purchase individual tickets, but we didn't know. 

     After the shoe slide, we went to the carousel on our search for the theatre.  We also passed the haunted house which hadn't opened yet or was overcrowded with other guests.  We decided that we would hit it on our return from the outdoor theatre.  The theatre skit was cute.

     The feature was "Snow White and the Seven Dorks" - a skit acted out by three people.  The "dwarves" making a cameo appearance in a clever costume of acting person in middle holding up attached dolls on the costume so it appears that there are seven.  




     Jenna had my camera, and I should have retrieved it from her.  Initially, she and Ashley sat behind us but had moved and wasn't within my reach.  I took only a few pictures with my cell phone - but it didn't capture the detail of what we saw.  (I still have a flip phone, by the way.  Don't care for the touchscreen)

     After the show, the girls returned to the haunted house.  I don't know if we got something to eat before or after the log flume. I remember taking pictures of the tombstones between the haunted house and the Tofteville Western Town.  Tofte is the last name of the park creator and his family.  You can watch their story here.  Be warned, it is over 30 minutes, but I believe well worth the watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment