Saturday, April 7, 2018

Conference and Cupcakes

            I did not get much out of conference this year as there seemed to be more distractions even though I thought the kids seemed to show more respect during conference as a whole.  We had the TV on just before one of the sessions started and six-year-old Gary came in and said, "Oh, it's just conference.  I have seen this already."

            I am happy that there are recordings that I may go back to what I missed - and not just this year.  There are other years to review as well.  The year that my father died and was in the hospital over conference weekend - his last upon earth.  The year I was pregnant with Jenna - even though I was into my second trimester - I was still throwing up - practically my entire pregnancy.  And then she was born on conference weekend.

            After Easter's morning session, Roland took the kids into the kitchen to make cupcakes.  Each was able to add an ingredient and watch as he poured the batter into prepared cups.  After the afternoon session, the cakes had cooled and the kids each had five cakes to decorate.  Gary used the dinosaur decors for all five of his cupcakes.  BJ and Anna used mostly coconut and sugar sprinkles.  Jenna used a variety.  All four enjoyed the cupcake decorating and eating activity.

Green sprinkles are shaped like dinosaurs

Jenna's masterpieces

number dwindled a bit . . . actually a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment