Sunday, August 12, 2018

A Child's Prayer


         The primary theme this month is on prayer - one of my most favorite subjects.  I have so many examples and many triggers take place each week during sharing time.  Here is one memory that my mom liked to tell:

         My family had gone on vacation to Yellowstone Park.  Dad and I had taken the trail to Morning Glory.  At least that's where we thought we were going.  I don't know why it was just him and I that were following the trail - I don't recall how old Corey and Kayla were at the time - perhaps one or both were getting restless and mom decided to take them elsewhere to wait for us.  In their mind, we had been gone quite a while and mom or Corey - maybe both - had questioned our delay.
            
            Humility was not Corey's strong point at that time, but he was devoted to saying prayers and suggested that they say one, but mom decided to wait some more.  Kayla was doing something which demanded mom's attention, and when they had finished up with whatever (remember, I was not there in person so this is a recap of the way my mom used to tell it) and found Corey on his knees with his arms folded and head bowed.  She said right after Corey got up from praying, they could see my dad and I making our way back to them. 

            Corey than said to my mom, "See, there they are.  If we had prayed sooner, they would have been back sooner."

No comments:

Post a Comment