Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Hodgepodge of Thoughts



          The skies cleared up this last weekend.  The smoke had cleared from the south and the skies were blue.  For two nights and mornings I had my windows   Now we have smoke coming in from the east. The windows remain closed.  I think it's wrong for the skies to appear overcast as though promising cooler weather and learn that it is 80 - 90 degrees outside.  

          Roland has taken off for a week.  Monday felt like a Saturday to me.  Yesterday felt like a Wednesday.  I don’t know what today will bring (as it really hasn’t started yet) Not a normal day for me.  Roland and I will be going to the theatre in Roseburg this morning.  Jenna will stay in town with a friend who stayed the night. 

          They have their dress rehearsal tonight.  I have invited my small group from my water fitness class.  They are excited to see Jenna and Roland perform.  It will be fun for all of us.  I am happy that they are looking forward to this.

          I just barely started my research for this week’s assessment.  It is all that is required this week.  165 points for 1,000 words 975 words (it might as well be 1,000).  I don’t know when I’ll be able to continue working on it today.  It’s a doozer.  Starting Monday I will be taking a break from accounting.  I have a social studies class coming up for the next four weeks.

          I’ve started a new book called “Murder with Fried Chicken and Waffles” by A.L. Herbert.  Thus far, it is actually kind of funny.  Halia and her cousin find the body of an arrogant investor in her restaurant’s kitchen.  At first, they believe he is passed out, but when Halia can’t find a pulse, she freaks out.  She was about to call the police believing that death may have occurred as a result of a heart attack, but then sees her cast iron frying pan and realizes that the investor has been murdered.

          She doesn’t want the murder to ruin the reputation of her restaurant, and so she and her cousin move the body to a nearby alley.  When she returns to the restaurant the following day, she prepares herself for rumors and investigations, but as the day progresses without any word of a murdered victim, she learns the body is no longer where she  left if. 

          I am not even halfway into it.  It’s been five days and she has learned that a body was just retrieved from a body of water.  At this point, she does not know if it’s her investor.  It is fun reading about her suspicions and panic.  I am going to attempt reading another chapter before I return to bed.  Though it might be better if I could start applying my references to my assignment.  That seems more likely to return me back to slumberland.


No comments:

Post a Comment