Sunday, July 5, 2020

Last Sunday

           Last week was nice weather wise.  High was 67 degrees.  I think that is awesome. In the morning I had posted about not having a proper Sabbath.  This was our agenda.

          First of all Roland insisted we watch a movie together.  We do not have Pureflix yet and so he found an old black and white which felt like watching an extended version of a Twilight Zone episode. It was called The Flight that Disappeared. I can see this being a part of the Mystery Science Theatre as well. 

         We were amused with the outside pictured a prop plane while the inside featured a lot more leg room that we had just encountered.  It was back in the day when smoking was still allowed on flights and you could see smoking happen in just about every black and white movie or series there was.  We didn’t notice any restroom stalls – but the movie flight had a lounging area that I don’t believe ever did exist on a commercial flight.

          The stewardesses brought trays to the passengers.  It was hilarious watching them wedge them into provided holes.  I don’t know if that is how trays worked back then.  I wasn’t born until after 1961.

          I don’t know what time we had woken up, but had completed the movie before Sunday Morning came on.  One of the stories featured (here) was this one – I was grateful to see a real life story featuring compassion.  What a remarkable example of loving unconditionally.

           I know I left the TV at some point to read or study something more worthy than vegetating.  I think I will spend the majority of today calling people to see how things are going for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment