Thursday, July 2, 2020

To Glue or Not to Glue . . . More Puzzle Pics

When we were looking at permanent housing while living in the first house we had rented when we first came out to Oregon I thought it would be great to find one with a room we could use as a game room.  It would be nice to have that extra room for putting puzzles together.

The house that we live in does not have the extra room that some of the other housing may have offered.  We talked about turning the back porch into our game room.  Since then Roland has thought it necessary to glue puzzles together so that we can hang them in the game room.  I don’t think it’s necessary to glue them – especially when there is no back room.  And with this COVID thing, other expenses are created and the game room doesn’t even seem to appear on the horizon anymore.  Hey, but we have three puzzles to hang. 

also the pic from this post https://beneaththewraps.blogspot.com/2020/04/charles-wysocki.html

I found some puzzle pictures that I had forgotten about.  Jenna had also sent some over from her tablet.  Some I have posted already, but many I have not.  This one was completed before my birthday

We completed this one just before our trip to New York. 

But let me back up a moment to a panoramic puzzle we had attempted before the one with the bicycle and surf board. 

We started to put it together on the card table but learned that it was just a tad too wide, so did not attempt until later after either Jenna or Roland came across a long board which was laid across the coffee table and we worked on it.

Jenna and I have named many of the shapes to make it easier:  I need a buff man with a club foot, or a pinwheel shape or whatever.  These are some examples:

This is just four examples

Occassionally we would name a piece according to the picture though “Jerry’s caterpillar” is the only example I can think of: 

  We worked on the Panorific sometime between my birthday and two days before we went to New York 



It turned out that Jerry’s caterpillar were two or three paws of two dogs and the space between them. 

certainly not the greatest pic, but the puzzle piece fits in circled area

I think Roland would have glued it if the pieces had been there but two pieces were missing.  Seriously though, we do not have enough wall space for every puzzle that we put together – nor do I wish every puzzle be glued.  

I took several pictures of it trying to capture it all:



Jenna attempted to take this shot of its entirety

I saved my Disney.  Yes, it would be a fun puzzle to look at, and would grow less tired than the other three.  But I would like another opportunity of putting it together.

Jenna took this one

The puffin puzzle was also a fun one because of its crazy shapes. 



We started the project two days before we left for New York.  Roland had also wanted to glue that one, but again, something I would like to put together again. Besides there was a piece missing which both Roland and Jenna said could be fixed, but let us put it together a few times more.  Geez!

I don’t know why Jenna felt impressed to start this puzzle shortly after we returned.

She started at the bottom border and finished only that.  I don’t think she even looked at the puzzle after that.  I think I did most of it.  I know I did all four palm trees, the caption, I started the woman’s dress and face.  Roland hooked her together and I fastened the basket to her head and did most of the housing  and mountains and sky. 




The finished puzzle reminded Roland of a poster that he remembered hanging in his home.  And so we glued that.  Just last night we brought some frames that we can put two of the puzzles in.  I don’t know what we will do with the pictures that came with the frames.  I rather like them.
We were told that the two pictures were from a hotel
This is my favorite of the two

Maybe Jenna will hang them in her room without frames



No comments:

Post a Comment