Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Teach, Not Read - Especially NOT in Monotone!


                As an accountant major, I am required to take 25 accounting classes

                Thus far I have had 22 classes, 11 instructors -
                                one of them four times.  Two of them three times.        
                                Three of them two times and six of them only once. 

There are three who have had flair for making accounting better than completely boring. 

                On Monday I started accounting class #23.  
New instructor.  
BORING,  
omigosh

I could not attend his live lecture and have decided 
even if I am present to view the live lecture
it AIN'T going to happen.
He READS the power point.  
READS EVERYTHING word for word.  
What kind of teaching is that?

Throw yourself into the lecture. 
Tell me something about yourself that might relate to the slide.
omigosh!
                I have two classes and had put in 5 1/2 hours for substitute teacher aide
                I watched the recordings when I returned.
                The instructor of my management class has a thick British accent.
Easy to listen to.  But my accounting instructor . . . .

                Roland was in the other room, and he got 
bored just hearing the sounds. 
My instructor might as well have said:
                Boring.  There are many variations to boring.  
Accounting doesn't have to be boring.  
But let's just say that it is.
                And just in case you weren't already bored with it, 
let me make it extra boring by reading each slide as though 
you are not able to read or comprehend it yourself.

                Listen to my voice. Is it soothing (not really) 
Let me tell you word for word what every slide says
Be sure to save this recording in the event that you are ever experiencing insomnia.
omigosh!  Four weeks - one more down and two to go.  
I cannot wait until June 2019! 
It will come quick, I'll bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment