Friday, August 7, 2020

Athletes: Is the Sacrifice Really Worth it?

I hear different stories about athletics which sports are open, which ones should be open, which ones should not open . . . there are athletes who would like to return to playing theyre bored!  They miss playing.  Some have returned but without an audience but they are still at risk in my opinion.

Since the pandemic started I have heard I am not going to hole up for the rest of my life I am not going to die hiding out . . .  If I am going to go anyway, Im going to be doing something I love . . .   But is it worth it really?  Getting the cornavirus will not mean you will die at least not right away.  You could be in the hospital for two weeks to six months and not be allowed visitation.  You may show no symptoms whatsoever.  You may be hooked up to oxygen for the rest of your life.  Is it worth the gamble to play one last game of football or golf?


Was getting the modeling job for Lucky Strikes worth throat cancer for Janet Sackman? (see here) Was receiving that final text really worth taking your eyes off the road?  How about that one last drink that put you behind bars because your reflexes wouldnt allow you to break before killing someone? 

                   healthy lunge                                                                         Covid infected lung                                          

I wonder how the athlete, movie star, or any other celebrity will react when it happens to them.  Was the risk worth it?


No comments:

Post a Comment