Sunday, August 23, 2020

I Lost My Mask in the Winco Parking Lot

Just beyond exit 103 is a Winco warehouse but it is over 45 miles from there to the nearest Winco store, thus we do tend to go there often but would make it our primary store if it was as near to us as the warehouse.  It appears that before yesterday the last time we had gone to Winco was in December.

            I had worn a pineapple mask that I had made for Jenna – or at least with her in mind.  We had gone to Riddle the end of last month to participate in a youth activity.  They were painting jeans and I had been invited to paint also as the turn-out was a lower count than the art supplies.

            I had painted a pineapple on denim fabric.  While I waited for it to dry, I retrieved a plain white cotton mask from the car and pressed it over the pineapple painting to create a mirror image.  Jenna and I had both worn the mask for in-and-out stops but had left the mask in the car.  I had planned to bring the mask inside yesterday and wash it.

            But something devastating happened while we were in Grants Pass.  I had removed the mask from my face when we were in the Winco parking lot.  Jenna and I each had masks dangling from our ears.  Mine must have fallen off and I did not notice it until more than 20 miles later. This is very sad for two reasons:  it was a mask that I had decorated with Jenna in mind but I think more devastating was the fact that I had littered unintentionally.  My mask became a discarded item that I have seen litter so many other parking lots and that makes me sad.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment