Friday, August 28, 2020

From Plastic to Masks

         Too often when Jenna and I had gone walking she would want to pick up litter and collect treasures.  I wasnt overly fond of having her touch all that she did but tried to make a habit of bringing two plastic bags for each walk one for the garbage and one for the treasures.  It was her idea to beautify the earth and so I did not want to discourage her from trying to clean it up.  The litter she found mostly consisted of paper though occasionally we would find straws, wrappers, or sticks from suckers. Her treasures would include rocks, leaves, shiny things, clothing items (which would get washed before Id allow her or her stuffed pets to wear them) and pine cones.

Her thought process today is really not much different.  Shell continue to collect things to be thrown away or whatever may grab her interest including masks that have been left in the parking lot.  She hasnt touched any of the disposable ones but found a black cloth mask in the parking lot yesterday morning.  That went into the washing machine the minute we returned home.  She washed her hands and I took a shower as we had both touched it.

Our car appeared that it had been through a dust storm though I wasnt aware how horrible it looked until I got behind the wheel and my view was quite distorted.  I washed both cars after we had returned home.  I didnt figure their cleanliness would bring on rain (which happens in many cases right after the car gets washed) but did see the wind blowing later in the day.

Before the pandemic our governor created a law to remove the plastic though it has seemed to be swept under the rug as more pressing issues have targeted this year.  I dont see plastic littering like I used to.  We do have a new concern.



No comments:

Post a Comment