Saturday, August 1, 2020

YW Service Scavenger Hunt


                As I was doing dishes this morning I was reminded of a memory from the first ward I had lived in as a wife and mother.  The YW president had called me earlier that week to see if I would allow a team of young women into my house to do various service projects for us: dishes, read to a child, change a diaper, fold laundry, etc.  There was even a space for miscellaneous chores. 

          I was thrilled to have someone else do chores as it never did become a regular thing with my boys.  Jenna was running around at the time, but still in diapers which someone was able to change just before they left.  Pooey diapers were worth more than just wet diapers but Jennas diaper had not been messed in and so the girls didnt get all the points they were hoping for.

          One did dishes the way her mother had taught her to and seemed to feel honored about getting to wash our dishes as though we were celebrities or something.  Whatever moves your motor, girl.

 

          I remember one girl had read to Jenna and we had given a girl a miscellaneous chore.  I had her write letters that my husband and I would send out to persons who had multiple properties.  She wasnt comfortable with her cursive as she had printed them.  No big deal.  I think she had printed 15 before the girls left or I had given another task.  I dont know how many points the team had ended up with but had admired their willingness and was very appreciative for their efforts.  Good memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment