Saturday, December 31, 2016

Another Project


          Two days after Christmas, I put Jenna to work in her room with the condition that we would take many breaks (I was also doing household chores - washing the kitchen and doing laundry.)  I asked Jenna if she wanted both of us to color in the book I gave her.  But she realized that pictures were printed on each side of the page - which would interfere with cutting out - so we started making photocopies, and I realized that I would have another project of scanning book material in order to preserve it, but would have to wait until Jenna headed back to school.

          First break: we started coloring what few pages we had scanned.  Roland even joined for one picture during his break.  We started coloring before reading any of the stories, and Jenna wondered aloud if it might make a difference.  After I had grown weary of coloring, I read through some of the stories.  Simple, repeating thoughts.  


Jenna colored this page

Roland colored this page

Jenna

Me 


        I realized that Jenna could turn her colored flannel board figures over to her nieces.  We have two turning two in August.  That will give us plenty of time to put the stories and figures together.  After we have completed that, we can start on our annual holiday ornament for next year.  I recently found a recipe that we can use to make ornaments.  I would specifically like to make some candy canes as I think they will be easy and have a symbolic story to go with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment