Friday, December 2, 2016

Four Nativity Sets



          The year I started my blog I had 29 posts in December.  I did not post on Christmas day or the 28th or 30th.  I tried to do something inspirational for each day - although that didn't pan out as well as I had hoped.

          Yesterday I started my post on ornamental traditions and decorating.  Roland has asked what happened to the nativity set that he purchased  for me - the one which included the Christmas chicken (see here)         

          I may have left it in West Valley - whether intentional or not, I don't know.  We did leave in a hurry and I didn't pack all the Christmas things.  I intentionally left things for the boys to go through; Randy said that he needed a nativity.  Maybe I gave it to him.  I don't know.  There are actually things I remember putting out last year that I can't find this year.

          On our fireplace, we have four nativities




The first one is one that Jenna did in grade school.  Maybe it was primary.  I forget.  I think we were living in the West Valley house.



The two that are in the middle I have already mentioned in this post here - though I don't think either lamb goes with the set.  I think the larger of the two lambs might have been included with the set Roland has been asking about.  The smaller lamb is plastic - it came from a thought card that had been given to either Jenna or me.  The box did not come with the set either, and looks somewhat out of place.





the last one was given to my mom shortly after she was admitted to Alta Ridge Assisted Living.   




It was a friend she had known from San Francisco.  Ironically, they were both born in the same hospital in Ogden, Utah.  They both worked for the FBI and both had moved back to Utah and were both living in Midvale and would go out to eat once a month - even after mom's dementia.  I think I went to at least four of the lunches after mom had her driver's license taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment