Saturday, December 17, 2016

Holiday Movies'




      At the close of their broadcast, the anchors held up some paddles and asked the audience to play along on "Which holiday movies are fake, which are real?" and would give a title and brief description.  They gave three titles, two of which I'd seen.  I guessed the other was a fake




      I think I have seen every holiday movie created by Hallmark, Lifetime and Family (before they changed their name;  I think they're called Forum now - although we discontinued cable before then - so I don't know if they actually went through with it or not) except for the last two years.




      Roland gets tired of watching the same movies over and over.  And yet the stations show them over and over.  I've seen all the ones  on Netflix but have watched a few from beginning to end; we have started several but then remember - oh, this one was sappy, didn't care for this one,  oh, this one draaaggeeed big time. 

      I have watched the American Christmas Carol (Henry Winkler), the Muppet Christmas Carol (Michael Cain), Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart as Scrooge and listened to the soundtrack of Scrooge and may resort to watching it on YouTube as I am unable to find another recording.




     
      Jenna likes to play a game called "Verbal Blitz" in which a category is given (sundae toppings, names of cereal, toys, etc) in which you have to take turns coming up with names for said category (caramel, marshmallow, hot fudge; Raison Bran, King Vitamin, Honey Bunches of Os, etc.)  I have since invented my own holiday category.  Name the Scrooge.






      Jim Carrey (2009), George C. Scott (1984), Kelsey Grammar 2004), Albert Finny (1970), Rich Little (1979; he actually did all the parts as I recall) Jim Backus (as Mr. Magoo), 






Susan Luchi (Ebby) Cecily Tyson (Mrs. Scrooge) Vanessa Williams (a Diva's Christmas Carol) Tori Spelling (Carol's Christmas) 





and a rather unique  approach of Karrol's Christmas where Wallace Shawn played the Scrooge, but Tom Everett get's the visits from the ghosts . . .




For mor "Christmas Carol" remakes, see this site.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment